The Face Research Lab is run by Ben Jones and Lisa DeBruine and is based in the Institute of Neuroscience and Psychology at the University of Glasgow.
Our research on face perception has been funded by the ERC (Europe), ESRC (UK), Wellcome Trust (UK), National Science Foundation (USA), Nuffield Foundation (UK), and NSERC (Canada).
Visit FaceResearch.org, our online psychology testing website where the Face Research Lab is running a number of short, interesting online psychology experiments about face and voice preferences. It was recently listed by the New York Times as one of the Best Online Psychology Tests. You can also learn about the technology we use for face research.
Face perception: social, neuropsychological and comparative perspectives, the special issue of Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B guest edited by Anthony Little, Benedict Jones and Lisa DeBruine, is now available online.
- 27 August 2014 » Our paper on hormonal regulation of the reward value of facial characteristics has been accepted for publication in Psychoneuroendocrinology.
- 16 July 2014 » We have a new paper on hormones and women's masculinity preference in press at Hormones and Behavior. This work was a joint project with David Feinberg's group at McMaster University.
- 13 July 2014 » Our lab is giving four talks and presenting three posters at HBES 2014 in August.
- 09 July 2014 » We have a new paper in press at PLOS ONE reporting Jaimie Torrance's work on the contributions of facial shape and surface information to attractiveness and dominance judgments.
- 09 July 2014 » Ben has been appointed to the editorial board for Springer's new journal Evolutionary Psychological Science.
- 22 June 2014 » Michal gave a talk on his new work about regional differences in mating strategies at Charles University, Prague.
- 13 June 2014 » Our lab will be running some interactive demos about our work in the St Enochs Center (Glasgow city center) over the next couple of days as part of the Glasgow Science Festival.
- 10 June 2014 » We have a new paper on vocal cues of height with David Feinberg and Kasia Pisanski (McMaster University) in press with Animal Behaviour.
- 06 June 2014 » David Feinberg gave a great talk to the Social Interactions group today on his recent work on vocal cues of body size. It was a pleasure to host him.
- 21 May 2014 » We have a new paper demonstrating effects of sex ratio cues on the motivational salience of facial attractiveness in press at Biology Letters.
- 16 May 2014 » Our paper on interactions between the effects of color cues and facial adiposity has been accepted for publication in Perception.
- 01 April 2014 » Ben is talking about the lab's work on facial coloration and the behavioral immune system at the Tagung Experimentell Arbeitender Psychologen (Conference of Experimental Psychologists) in Giesen, Germany.
- 06 March 2014 » Lisa was the keynote speaker at the Current Research in Engineering, Science, & Technology Meeting in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
- 20 January 2014 » We are pleased to welcome Zach Allan from University of Stirling. Zach is visiting the lab for a month and works on individual differences in moral disgust.
- Older news »