The Face Research Lab is run by Ben Jones and Lisa DeBruine and is based in the Institute of Neuroscience and Psychology at the University of Glasgow.
Our research on face perception has been funded by the ERC (Europe), ESRC (UK), Wellcome Trust (UK), National Science Foundation (USA), Nuffield Foundation (UK), and NSERC (Canada). We currently hold two ERC grants (OCMATE and KINSHIP) worth a total of €3.4M.
Visit FaceResearch.org, our online psychology testing website where the Face Research Lab is running a number of short, interesting online psychology experiments about face and voice preferences. It was recently listed by the New York Times as one of the Best Online Psychology Tests. You can also learn about the technology we use for face research.
Face perception: social, neuropsychological and comparative perspectives, the special issue of Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B guest edited by Anthony Little, Benedict Jones and Lisa DeBruine.
- 02 September 2016 » Lisa will be speaking on kinship at the OUPS Annual Conference in Warwick.
- 05 August 2016 » Dr Amanda Hahn left the Face Research Lab for an Assistant Professorship at Humboldt State University in California, USA. We will miss her very much and we wish her every success.
- 19 June 2016 » Our Face Facts demo will be one of the exhibits at the Glasgow Science Festival's Science Sunday.
- 19 May 2016 » Lisa was one of 10 invited speakers at The Human Face in Economics workshop held at the Institute for Advanced Study in Toulouse.
- 24 February 2016 » Congratulations to Alec Beall, who was awaded a 2-year SSHRC Postdoctoral Fellowship to work in our lab on tradeoffs between mating and arenting effort.
- 22 January 2016 » Congratulations to Anthony Lee, who was awarded a 2-year Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship to work in our lab on his project, “A data-driven, multivariate approach to human mate preferences”.
- 06 January 2016 » Welcome to our newest postdoc, Anthony Lee, who is starting a 5-year position working on Lisa's ERC project.
- 02 December 2015 » We have a new paper in press at Psychoneuroendocrinology on testosterone and women's reported intrasexual competitiveness.
- 25 October 2015 » Amanda Hahn was featured by Salimetrics as a World Leader in Salivary Bioscience.
- 19 October 2015 » Welcome to our newest postdoc, Iris Holzleitner, who is starting a 5-year position working on Lisa's ERC project.
- 13 October 2015 » We have a new paper on vocal parameters that predict body shape in men and women now in press at Animal Behaviour.
- 01 October 2015 » Lisa's 5-year, €2M, ERC grant, “How do humans recognise kin?”, starts today.
- Older news »