The Face Research Lab is run by Ben Jones and Lisa DeBruine and is based in the Institute of Neuroscience and Psychology at the University of Glasgow.
Our research on face perception has been funded by the ERC (Europe), ESRC (UK), Wellcome Trust (UK), National Science Foundation (USA), Nuffield Foundation (UK), and NSERC (Canada).
Visit FaceResearch.org, our online psychology testing website where the Face Research Lab is running a number of short, interesting online psychology experiments about face and voice preferences. It was recently listed by the New York Times as one of the Best Online Psychology Tests. You can also learn about the technology we use for face research.
Face perception: social, neuropsychological and comparative perspectives, the special issue of Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B guest edited by Anthony Little, Benedict Jones and Lisa DeBruine, is now available online.
- 05 December 2014 » The Royal Society Summer Science Exhibition has accepted our proposal, “Face facts: revealing the information hidden in faces” for the 2015 exhibition.
- 02 December 2014 » Welcome to Karin Wolffhechel, a PhD student at the Center for Biological Sequence Analysis at the Technical University of Denmark, who is visiting our lab for the next 3 months.
- 24 November 2014 » Michal's new paper in E&HB was covered in the Huffington Post in an article titled, “Which Sex Wins Is a Question of Supply and Demand”.
- 22 November 2014 » We have a new paper on the hormonal modulation of women's responses to infant faces in press at Hormones and Behavior.
- 07 November 2014 » Chris Watkins, Face Research Lab alumnus, has created the “Face of Dundee”.
- 01 October 2014 » The APS Observer published an article by Lisa on A Sense of Family: Research in Human Kin Recognition.
- 27 August 2014 » Our paper on hormonal regulation of the reward value of facial characteristics has been accepted for publication in Psychoneuroendocrinology.
- 16 July 2014 » We have a new paper on hormones and women's masculinity preference in press at Hormones and Behavior. This work was a joint project with David Feinberg's group at McMaster University.
- 13 July 2014 » Our lab is giving four talks and presenting three posters at HBES 2014 in August.
- 09 July 2014 » We have a new paper in press at PLOS ONE reporting Jaimie Torrance's work on the contributions of facial shape and surface information to attractiveness and dominance judgments.
- 09 July 2014 » Ben has been appointed to the editorial board for Springer's new journal Evolutionary Psychological Science.
- Older news »