The Face Research Lab is run by Ben Jones and Lisa DeBruine and is based in the Institute of Neuroscience and Psychology at the University of Glasgow.
Our research on face perception has been funded by the ERC (Europe), ESRC (UK), Wellcome Trust (UK), National Science Foundation (USA), Nuffield Foundation (UK), and NSERC (Canada).
Visit FaceResearch.org, our online psychology testing website where the Face Research Lab is running a number of short, interesting online psychology experiments about face and voice preferences. It was recently listed by the New York Times as one of the Best Online Psychology Tests. You can also learn about the technology we use for face research.
Face perception: social, neuropsychological and comparative perspectives, the special issue of Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B guest edited by Anthony Little, Benedict Jones and Lisa DeBruine, is now available online.
- 01 April 2014 » Ben is talking about the lab's work on facial coloration and the behavioral immune system at the Tagung Experimentell Arbeitender Psychologen (Conference of Experimental Psychologists) in Giesen, Germany.
- 06 March 2014 » Lisa was the keynote speaker at the Current Research in Engineering, Science, & Technology Meeting in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
- 20 January 2014 » We are pleased to welcome Zach Allan from University of Stirling. Zach is visiting the lab for a month and works on individual differences in moral disgust.
- 01 December 2013 » Ben has been appointed a Consulting Editor at Evolution and Human Behavior.
- 14 November 2013 » Lisa was elected as co-chair of the Royal Society of Edinburgh's Young Academy of Scotland.
- 10 November 2013 » We welcome visiting researcher, Anthony Lee from the University of Queensland in Australia, to our lab for a 3-week visit.
- 08 November 2013 » With Tony Little and David Feinberg, our new paper on shared representations of facial and vocal masculinity has been published in Psychological Science.
- 18 October 2013 » Our lab's display for Glasgow Science Centre's Biology Week attracted many enthusiastic visitors, who got to experience the evidence by taking part in face perception tests and playing with our face averaging demos.
- 24 September 2013 » We are delighted to welcome our new postgraduate students, Hongyi Wang, Jaimie Torrance, Stephanie Unger and
Haojiang Ying, to the lab.
- 09 September 2013 » We are delighted to welcome Joanna Wincenciak to the lab. Joanna is an ESRC-funded post doc who will be studying the relationship between mate preferences and choices.
- Older news »