The Face Research Lab is run by Ben Jones and Lisa DeBruine and is based in the Institute of Neuroscience and Psychology at the University of Glasgow.
Our research on face perception has been funded by the ERC (Europe), ESRC (UK), Wellcome Trust (UK), National Science Foundation (USA), Nuffield Foundation (UK), and NSERC (Canada).
Visit FaceResearch.org, our online psychology testing website where the Face Research Lab is running a number of short, interesting online psychology experiments about face and voice preferences. It was recently listed by the New York Times as one of the Best Online Psychology Tests. You can also learn about the technology we use for face research.
Face perception: social, neuropsychological and comparative perspectives, the special issue of Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B guest edited by Anthony Little, Benedict Jones and Lisa DeBruine, is now available online.
- 02 September 2015 » Congratulations to Chengyang, who has had his first paper accepted for publication. It is in press with American Journal of Human Biology and investigates the relationships among salivary cortisol, adiposity and facial appearance in women.
- 29 August 2015 » We have a new paper on testosterone and women's makeup preferences in press now with Psychological Science. Claire Fisher is the first author.
- 23 August 2015 » We have a new paper on infant face perception in press at Current Opinion in Psychology.
- 12 August 2015 » As part of their annual award ceremony, the World Cultural Council grants “special recognition to a select number of talented researchers who early in their careers have had international impact through their research”. Lisa is one of 6 Scottish academics who will receive this award.
- 19 July 2015 » Ben has a paper with Laura Fruhen (University of Western Australia) and Chris Watkins (Abertay University) in press at Leadership Quality. It is on the role of facial appearance in pay awards.
- 17 July 2015 » Claire Fisher, Chengyang Han and Hongyi Wang from our lab will each give presentations at the PSYPAG annual conference next week in Glasgow.
- 01 July 2015 » We are presenting our work at the Royal Society of London's Summer Science Exhibition this week. Follow the exhibit on twitter @facefacts2015.
- 30 June 2015 » Our exhibit, Face Facts will be featured in the Royal Society Summer Science Exhibition, which runs 30 June to 5 July in London.
- 17 June 2015 » Ben Jones, Amanda Hahn and Claire Fisher will present work at an international workshop titled "Adapted Mind, Adapted Body: The Evolution of Human Behavior and its Neuroendocrine Regulation" in Sicily.
- 10 June 2015 » The lab will be teaching a course on Creating academic and research websites at the Scottish Graduate School of Social Science Summer School in Edinburgh.
- 03 June 2015 » Ben has been invited to join the editorial board of Springer's new journal Adaptive Human Behavior and Physiology.
- 03 June 2015 » Amanda gave an invited talk, entitled “Hormone-mediated responses to faces” at the City University of New York (CUNY) Brooklyn campus.
- 02 April 2015 » Lisa has been awarded a prestigious five-year European Research Council grant worth two million Euros to study the effects of kinship cues on human behavior.
- Older news »