The Face Research Lab is run by Ben Jones and Lisa DeBruine and is based in the Institute of Neuroscience and Psychology at the University of Glasgow.
Our research on face perception has been funded by the ERC (Europe), ESRC (UK), Wellcome Trust (UK), National Science Foundation (USA), Nuffield Foundation (UK), and NSERC (Canada). We currently hold two ERC grants (OCMATE and KINSHIP) worth a total of €3.4M.
Visit FaceResearch.org, our online psychology testing website where the Face Research Lab is running a number of short, interesting online psychology experiments about face and voice preferences. It was recently listed by the New York Times as one of the Best Online Psychology Tests. You can also learn about the technology we use for face research.
Face perception: social, neuropsychological and comparative perspectives, the special issue of Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B guest edited by Anthony Little, Benedict Jones and Lisa DeBruine.
- 20 March 2017 » We just made an image set open access at doi:10.6084/m9.figshare.4220517.v1
- 06 March 2017 » Welcome to Tommaso Querci, who will be joining the lab for 3 months as an Erasmus trainee. His project will be on 3D faces and family resemblance.
- 01 January 2017 » Anthony Lee begins his 2-year Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship: “A data-driven, multivariate approach to human mate preferences”.
- 02 December 2016 » Fond farewell to Amanda Rotella, who returns to Guelph after a research visit. We hope to continue our collaborations in the coming years.
- 12 November 2016 » Thanks to all the lab members who contributed to the Barras Social for the ESRC Festival of Social Science!
- 01 November 2016 » Welcome to Kieran O'Shea, our new postdoc on the KINSHIP project.
- 02 September 2016 » Lisa spoke on kinship at the OUPS Annual Conference in Warwick.
- 02 September 2016 » Welcome to Amanda Rotella, who is visiting the lab for three months from Guelph University in Canada.
- 05 August 2016 » Dr Amanda Hahn left the Face Research Lab for an Assistant Professorship at Humboldt State University in California, USA. We will miss her very much and we wish her every success.
- 19 June 2016 » Our Face Facts demo was one of the exhibits at the Glasgow Science Festival's Science Sunday.
- 19 May 2016 » Lisa was one of 10 invited speakers at The Human Face in Economics workshop held at the Institute for Advanced Study in Toulouse.
- Older news »